Scallop carpaccio, Metjoul dates, lime and organic fermented black garlic condiment
4 scallops with bards per person (16 scallops)
250 g Metjoul dates
12 cl lime juice
Grated zest of one lime
4 cloves black garlic
5cl olive oil
salt and pepper
1. Open and clean the scallops (or ask your fishmonger to do so), keeping the bards...
2. Prepare the lime juice.
3. Pit the dates, blend them and adjust the consistency by adding the lime juice (the condiment should be smooth and not too thick). Finally add the lime zest and pipe the mixture into a piping bag.
4. Heat a frying pan over a high heat and add a drizzle of olive oil to cook the scallops on both sides, about 30 seconds per side.
5. Rinse the scallops well under cold running water, drain and fry in a little olive oil with 10 cl of stock (this stock will be used for the lemon vinaigrette).
6. Make a vinaigrette with the bard broth, lemon juice and olive oil.
7. Peel 4 cloves of black garlic and cut into thin strips.
8. Thinly slice the scallops, arrange them on the bottom of a plate, season with the lemon vinaigrette and finish off with dots of date seasoning on each slice. Add some fleur de sel, a turn of the pepper mill and finish by arranging the slices of black air harmoniously.
This festive recipe is ideal for your Christmas dinner! It will delight your guests, friends and family thanks to its different flavours !
Order your black garlic here. We'll deliver to your door!
festive-recipes-scallops-black-garlic-condimentIngredientsorget to share with us your most beautiful creations #maisondehesa .